APPLY TO BECOME A
STAFF ACCOUNTANT AT MAGIC
Who You Are
You are a detail-oriented numbers and accounting aficionado. You get deep satisfaction from being on top of the finances and accounting for a scaling, mission-driven, service-based startup. You take extreme ownership of your work and are dedicated to constant improvement. You eat personal growth for breakfast, take pride in charting your own path, and are leveling up on the daily.
As Magic’s Staff Accountant, you will be focused on enhancing the capacity and effectiveness of Magic’s business operations by maintaining all accounts and business transactions as well as providing accurate, timely, and accessible financial information that will help our team make well-informed financial decisions and optimize resources. You’ll be the go-to for ensuring clients are billed and charged correctly. You’ll work hand in hand with the Fractional CFO to ensure that all the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed for financial reporting and taxes to ensure Magic is always in compliance and ready for review. This individual will report to the Chief People Officer and will work closely with Magic’s Founders and Fractional CFO in several areas.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO...
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Google Sheets
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, transaction entry, and bank reconciliations
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- The Staff Accountant will own key accounting responsibilities including but not limited to: accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), vendor management, and monthly close procedures including recording journal entries and preparing expenses for bank reconciliations.
- Additional duties include, but are not limited to: Work with our payroll processor to ensure that payroll taxes are processed correctly
- Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as needed basis
- Manage all bookkeeping related tasks in Asana
- Maintain contractor bank info, tax info, and processing of contractors
- Maintain the general ledger and cash flow in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
- Follow up with clients to collect late payments
- Keep all internal financial forecasting spreadsheets up to date
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with regulatory standards
- Give feedback on how to improve our financial systems and processes
- Collaborate with our Executive Team to handle any finance issues that may arise
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary and bonus opportunities (salary range for this position is $60-70k). This reflects the anticipated low and high end of the annual salary range for this position. Actual compensation (which may, but is not guaranteed to be within the above range) will be determined based on educational qualifications, professional skills and qualifications, work location, budgetary and other operational considerations, and other relevant factors.
- This position is also eligible for $350/month health reimbursement
- Plentiful Paid Time Off and other benefits outlined within the company handbook
- Culture devoted to personal growth and development
- Meaningful, impactful, and inspirational work
- The opportunity to grow your skills and career
At Magic, we are committed to equal opportunities for employment, regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation connected to this application process.